What Is The Best Facial Treatment For Acne Scars?
In general, reducing acne scars should start to chemical exfoliation, the gentle chemical exfoliation is the first step to heal scars. Like Alpha hydroxy acids, Lactic acid, Salicylic acid, can be used for all acne scars. Notes that it is also important to apply sunscreen with high SPF to avoid sun exposure.
Some common facial treatments are able to help clear acne scars effectively. Include:
- Microdermabrasion Machine. It is one of the best treatments for acne scar, which is called diamond dermabrasion or microdermabrasion, microdermabrasion uses a stainless diamond head to help deeply exfoliate the top skin layer, it’s more suitable for the surface acne scars like a shallow boxcar or rolling scars.
- Radio frequency skin tightening. This is the latest facial treatment for acne scars and it is affordable. The radio frequency facial treatment provides radio-frequency heat energy to stimulate the more production of skin collagen, thus tighten facial skin and smooth depression scars. It is beneficial for depressed acne scars, such as deep icepick and boxcar scars.
- Micro needling. This facial treatment uses a small roller with full tiny needles to roll on the surface of the scars. The needles puncture the deep skin layer, stimulate skin collagen production, helps skin heals. It is best for depressed acne scars.
- Injections. The medical scar treatment is usually operated by a dermatologist. They inject different medications into acne scars to soften and smooth raised scars. Getting the best result, you may need several repeat treatments. It is used for painful and raised scars.
- Laser acne scar treatment. Not like chemical peels, and dermabrasion, laser treatment for acne scars removes the top layer of the skin, underneath younger skin cells, it has faster healing time than other facial treatments. Laser treatment fits for all acne scars, especially for the skin with lighter toning.